Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair Transplant with Dr Tugrul Maral, 5200 grafts for my NW7 baldness, first session

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Transplant with Dr Tugrul Maral, 5200 grafts for my NW7 baldness, first session

Hello all,

I have recently noticed that my topic about my experience with Maral Hair Transplant Clinic was deleted from the forum I posted. I decided to open it again here and I am glad to have an opportunity here to show my progress after my operation and the result I will obtain later.

I am a Norwood 7 and my transplant was done on Dec 23, 2014 in Maral Klinik. I am from Alberta Canada, and flew to Turkey to have my procedure done based on previous users experience/reviewer, about Maral Klinik, and of course their affordable price. The clinic was nice, the team was great.... Really everything was very smooth and everyone was kind. At first Dr Maral told me I have a very big head (alien head was his exact words - I found it funny) so that made me nervous. My head is very oval from the top. But he also told me I had good donor area. While the team was doing the extractions, the girl also said to me "you have very good donor, "grafts of 3, 4, and 5 hairs) so of course I thought great, I'll need that to cover my "alien head". I asked if she would we would be able to get 4000 grafts as I had head of ppl getting that much in one sitting. She thought she could, but I was pleasantly surprised and thriller when they said about 5200. I am going to upload my original pictures that I sent to Dr Maral, and ask for the pics he took the day of the procedure.

I'm just happy with how many grafts they got. I'm just excited to see how the results turn out.

I paid for according to my hair loss area, not per graft number. Maral said safe upper limit of my donors would be used to remove and transfer maximum number of grafts. And he also said, regardless of the graft numbers to be transfreed I would need a second session for more density and coverage, since I have solid grade 7 hair loss.

Here is my before pictures showing how bald I am.

Operation pictures, Dr. maral told that they would transplant as back as possible but they would give the priority to the front area to obtain more density here, They estiamated that I had about 300 cm2 bald area needs to be covered all, so the second session one year later needed to be done to cover the top and back area more densely.

The grafts that were removed, they told each surgical gauze contains 250+ grafts always, so they could easily count the grafts.

The head technician opened the incisions where grafts to be placed, it took about one hour work of her. All procedure lasted in 9 hours.

Comment

Postop day 1 pictures, one day after the operation:

Comment

Donor area

Comment

I have a picture for 1 month post operation. Obviously loads of hairs have fallen out, which was expected, and hopefully in another month I'll see some new hairs push through. I think I'm going to try some B complex vitamins or some biotin tablets - guess it's suppose to make my hair grow faster.

Comment

On feb 23 was my 2 month post op mark. My donor area is just slightly red. But no body else other than me notices it. My scale is still pretty itchy. I would say the color is about 99% back to normal, I actually noticed this around the 6 week mark. Lots of ingrown hairs with white heads. It sucks but hopefully that will be over soon too.

Comment

• MikroFUE
              MikroFUE commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi airic

These pimples on your 2nd month mark is the herald of a new hair starts to grow soon. I am waiting eagerly to see the progress of your hair transplant. Please keep posting, I believe you will be a great hope for hair loss sufferers with severe hair loss. - and for all aliens)

Hello airic and welcome to the forum.
            I will be following your progress as I have from the very beginning.
            Us aliens have to stick together (dr Maral said I had a somewhat alien size head also)
            Thanks for sharing your story to date and please keep the updates coming.
            Have a good day

Comment

Originally posted by airic101 View Post
              On feb 23 was my 2 month post op mark. My donor area is just slightly red. But no body else other than me notices it. My scale is still pretty itchy. I would say the color is about 99% back to normal, I actually noticed this around the 6 week mark. Lots of ingrown hairs with white heads. It sucks but hopefully that will be over soon too.

You're one of the lucky ones if your scalp is almost back to normal. As for me, it took 4 months to be completed gone. You will deal with ingrown hairs and pimps as it is part of the process. Mine lasted up to 4 months, but everything is good now. Try using aloe vera gel to help with healing too.

Comment

Working...
              X